Tuesday, February 19, 2008

A Time for Forethought

Hello friends,

While I try to keep my focus on God's grace in this blog, I find myself becoming more and more agitated by our American election primaries. So, I apologize in advance, for you to have to put up with me.

You see, my blog is my journal. I've always kept journals, which were private and written with my own hand. However, my hands and my mobility are not what they used to be, so I'm keeping my words in this blog. As a result, those who want to, are able to visit my thoughts, my disappointments, my hopes, and my dreams.

One of the things that I find offensive during this primary season, is the attitude of news commentators. It seems that if you don't have that third degree from Harvard, you are merely an ignoramus, without thought or the ability to compose a sentence. It makes me sick!

I live in southwest Virginia, that part of Virginia that most folks don't know exist. A kinder, more generous people, I have yet to meet; and I have found that to be the case in most rural regions, throughout this country. It hurts me to hear people of faith and goodness talked about as though they don't matter. Who do those news commentators think run farms, so that they can eat? And who do they think transports their food to the market, so that they don't have to? I could go on, but I will spare you my tirade.

My childhood was not a good one. I've shared several times what it was like. But I would like to pay tribute to those who made my life easier. Good, generous people, who were kind simply because that was who they were, gave me love, compassion, and affirmation. These are the type of people that we hear marginalized on the nightly news, today.

So, from one kindred soul to another, thank you. You are somebody to me. And you are somebody to God, himself. Jesus did not come to save the educated or famous. He came to save the soul who was willing to be as humble as a child.

I have seen more humility in the hearts of good, everyday people, than I have ever seen wearing the umbrella of "higher education." What about the teacher, who spends part of her own income to see that her students have what they need. You know of whom I speak. I'm speaking to you and to those whom you love. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. You mean the world to me.

With love,
Jaye Lewis
www.entertainingangels.org
www.entertainingangelsencouragingwords.blogspot.com

 
Email Jaye