Friday, December 01, 2006

Time of Hope

December 1, 2006

Hello Friends,

This is my first entry to my blog. I've been dragging my feet, because new technology leaves me clueless. I'm sure there are those who can identify with me.

I've been thinking a lot about the end of this year. The new year has always been a time of hope for me. I've never been into parties, but on December 31st, it would be safe to say, I will be reflecting on this past year. How could I have done things better? How have my blessings outnumbered my anxieties.

As the hours and days go by, it is often difficult for me to grasp that I have more blessings than problems, but at the end of the year, I can see how truly blessed I am.

In January, 1981, I fled with my children, from my home and an abusive marriage. We wound up in a woman's shelter. This turned out to be one of the greatest blessings of my life. You may read the story, "From Victim to Victory" on my webite at www.entertainingangels.org

It also appeared in "Chicken Soup for the Recovering Soul," in 2004.

What could possibly be a blessing in winding up at a woman's shelter? Well, I found out who my friends were, and weren't. I found out that I had more strength than I ever could have imagined, and I found out that I could change my course. All of this was achieved by the grace of God, but I also chose, and I learned what making a choice really is. Making a choice is setting aside the old reality for the truth. It is also being your own best friend.

Well, I will make this short. Think about it. This is our last month of 2006. It's a wonderful time to look at ourselves and change what needs changing. 2007 is a bold new world. Let's make the most of it.

With love,
Jaye Lewis

 
Email Jaye