Tuesday, July 08, 2008

A Time to Think

Hello friends,

Do you ever feel as though you don't have time to think? Your mind races, trying to find answers to your life. Why am I unemployed? Why am I in a dead-end job? Why is he or she complaining, when they HAVE a job, and I don't?

Lord, help me to think. Help me to find the time, and grant me the focus to understand what is happening! Slow me down Lord. Let my heart seek you in the troubled sleep of the night. Why, Lord, do I seem to be taking two steps forward and two steps back?

My friends, all these things, and more, may be keeping you awake at night. Or, perhaps your sleep is giving you no rest. I, too, wonder things, and I, also, seek God's guidance while I drift off to sleep.

There are those who will declare that they don't worry. After all, they say, that they are the Captain of their souls. Those were the last words of Timothy McVeigh. What a sad admission.

I believe that it is illogical to believe in no higher power. The evidence is all around us, and yet, there are those who spend most of their time trying to prove that Almighty God does not exist. Why? Why do people fight against what they insist does not exist? This is a mystery to me.

I don't care if others think I'm a fool. I am a fool. I'm a fool for Christ. I love Him. I believe in Him. He is my Savior. He is my Lord.

There once was a famous scientist who proclaimed to the very end of his life, that there is no God. God did not exist. However, he believed in alien life forms. He also believed that asthma was a psychosomatic (imagined) disease, along with other auto-immune diseases. He believed in nothing. Not what he witnessed. Not what he saw. Nothing. He believed in nothing that was greater than himself.

Well, in the early days of space flight, this scientist worked on a project, which would send a rocket ship into space and across the universe. It is probably still beeping back at us. While all this was wonderful to me, I did not mistake an earthly space craft for my higher power. He did. As the primitive ship was blasted into space, the scientist, who believed in nothing greater than himself, stood transfixed, with tears streaming down his cheeks. Surely this effort would reflect back on us should some alien come across it.

Isn't that sad? He didn't believe in God, but he worshipped the work of his own hands. How transitory we all are. I bet that if I gave you the scientist's name you would not know whom I was talking about.

I guess what I am trying to convey, as I invite you for a journey into my own heart, is to take the time. Someone is out there, and if you don't believe in Him, He believes in you. So, take this time to think, as I will, and ask Him where you are going; why you are here; and what is His plan for you.

Lord, in these troubled times, it is easy to doubt, even though you have kept your hand of protection upon each of us. Please forgive me for the times I have forgotten You. And thank You for never forgetting me. Help us through the storms of life, and by your grace, bring us safely to the other side. May we never forget that You have carved us upon the palm of your hand, and that we are a treasure to You.

With love,
Jaye Lewis
www.entertainingangles.org

 
Email Jaye