Wednesday, April 25, 2007

A Time For Understanding

Hello friends,

Soon my girls will be finished with their semester at their university. We will have the entire summer together. It's our favorite thing - just being together. My husband will be able to take a day off here and there, and we have many plans. We will garden, write, and read, just for the love of reading. Who does not love the reading of real books - feeling the pages slip between our fingers; hearing them as they turn; and getting sleepy as dandelion puffs brush across our faces? And what about fireflies as the sun goes down and the moon comes up; the sounds of peepers on the wind; and most of all, just being?

This will be a different season for me. I will be able to breathe outside. You see I'm an asthmatic, and finally, at 62 there is enough medication for me to be able to breath. I also suffer from a type of headache, which makes the sinuses burn up into one's brain, like liquid fire. The tears and nose stream, and outside is an impossible place to be, because anything can set it off. It's called Cluster Headache. None of us knew. But not this year. This year there's a new medicine, and even today, a very hot and dry day, I was able to go outside and breathe.

Most people want to get rid of the dandelions. Seeds beget more dandelions and soon the yard is filled with nothing but dandelions, but, you see, I have been waiting for this day for more than ten years, just to feel the blessed "wish-givers" brush across my face, as I blow them into the wind.

My wish? It has already been fulfilled, this day.

With love,
Jaye

 
Email Jaye