Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Encouraging Words for Those Who Are Alone at Christmas by Jaye Lewis


Hello friends,

The holidays can be a hard time for those who are missing loved ones.  There are so many sad feelings that are difficult to share.  Thoughts that you might hear, if you listen closely are:

“Christmas is simply not Christmas without Mama’s smile.”

“I miss Daddy’s laugh.”

“My brother always made Christmas special.”

“I miss all of us going caroling and laughing when we hit the sour notes.”

Midnight Mass as a family.”

“Christmas morning church.”

“My heart will not stop breaking for the loss of  the love of my life.”

You may not hear the words spoken from the lips of a friend or loved one, but if you listen with your heart, you will hear.


Christmas is Over  by Jaye Lewis

Christmas is over,
The New Year's almost here.
The tree lights are darkened,
I sure do miss you, dear.

The stockings are empty,
As is my aching heart;
Yet I needed to tell you
Before the New Year's start.

I'll always love you;
You're always in my prayer.
If ever you need me,
My thoughts will be right there.

Although there's a distance
Between us, I still smile,
Because I can hold you
In my heart for just awhile.

I realize God gave me,
A gift I know is true.
The gift that he gave me
Is all my love for you.

I don't know the reason
God gives and takes away.
I just know this season
I turn to him and pray.

"Bless all my loved ones,
The ones for whom I care.
Keep them in safety,
Until I can be there."

I know that God loves me,
And He loves you, too.
So in His season,
I shed my tears for you.

© Jaye Lewis, 1999

With Love to All Those Who Are Alone This Christmas,
Jaye Lewis

 
Email Jaye