Monday, January 07, 2008

A Time to Be Thoughtful

Hello friends,

Here it is six days into the new year, and I have yet to write a New Year's message. Ever since I was a young teen, I've always written about my thoughts and feelings, usually on New Year's Eve. I'm a bit late, but then I have slowed down a lot, in my latter years.

This has been a strange two weeks, filled with many blessings. I'm on a new medication for my neurological problem, and low and behold, I was able to celebrate Christmas with my family, including a real tree and all the trimmings. I haven't been able to do that in many years.

Neurological problems can mimic many other symptoms, as well as exacerbate any other illness that you may have. Mine kept me from enjoying the celebration of Christmas. I've spent much of my latter years bedridden. Praise God for the wonders of modern medicine!

At the same time, while celebrating my liberation, I cannot forget many a troubled Christmas and the New Year. January, 1988, found me at the bottom of my life. I didn't even know if I believed in God, and I certainly did not believe that He believed in me. How things have changed in twenty years.

So, to be honest, I know that this time of year is not only difficult, but for some people this time can seem hopeless. Please believe that I understand. So do not give up. There is a new day dawning. You have a future that God is planning for you. He will carry you through the deep valleys of your life, and He will bring you into the light of His expectation. He has promised, and I believe Him.

May the peace and blessings of the One Who holds your breath in His hand fill your life with joy and happiness. May He guide your every step, and may He grant you more blessings than your heart can hold. He is worth waiting for, and He is worth waiting well.

God be with you, my friends, always.

With love,

Jaye Lewis
www.entertainingangels.org
http://entertainingangelsencouragingwords.blogspot.com/

 
Email Jaye